Cleaning a large apartment can be very hectic and demanding, and that is where you need a part-time maid to help with part of the cleaning and house chores. Even though you can do the work by yourself, or may need privacy to be with your family, part time maids are perfect because they can still come once or twice a week to get the house clean while leaving you and your family to enjoy your privacy. The following are 6 facts about hiring a part time maid in Singapore.
1. There are three different types of part-time maids
These three types of maids that work in Singapore are local freelancers, those employed locally as maid, and those who work on social visit passes. They often do not have special training and are uninsured in case they meet any problems while in the course of providing cleaning services. Some cleaning services companies ensure that their part time maids are insured under WICA, Work Injury Compensation Act.
2. Hire through a cleaning services company insteadEven though you may go through the process of finding a part time maid in Singapore alone, consider hiring through a legit cleaning service company. This is because they should have gone through the process of verifying if the maid is in the country legally. You may land into a lot of trouble with the authorities if you hire someone who is not allowed to work in Singapore according to law guiding Foreign Domestic Worker requirements. Once you have ascertained that they have a valid work permit, you can arrange for the service company to invoice you periodically. You should stop using the services of a part time maid if you discover she does not hold a valid work permit.
3. The charges for hiring a part time maid in Singapore normally vary according to whether it is on a weekday or weekend.
Weekend rates are usually higher. This is because they are working while majority of the working population choose to rest over the weekend. Moreover, there is great demand for their services as most clients prefer to be at home to monitor the work of the part time maid. Besides, not many are willing to work on weekends as they too have their families to take care of. Therefore, higher demand and the corresponding lower supply dictates the overall hourly rate.
4. In Singapore, the climate is hot and humid; therefore, dust will settle on the windows and will require more frequent cleaning.
You would probably need a helper. You don’t have to go all the way, hire a part time maid so you can create time for yoga classes, take dancing, painting, or cooking lessons, spend some quality time with family, make new friends, or write a book. Spend your time on something else and let the maid help you with routine house chores.
5. The reason most people prefer hiring a part maid in Singapore is because they are less expensive.
In most cases, homeowners prefer to work for themselves to avoid unnecessary costs associated with hiring a helper to help with cleaning and other house chores. However, you can still hire a part time maid to save on costs associated with hiring a full time helper. It will not only help with majority of house cleaning to allow the homeowner create a balance between work demands and domestic chores, but also save on full time maid salary costs.
6. Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is very strict.
In their desperate attempts to secure a maid quickly and help with the workload, homeowners often forget the legal consequences of failing to abide by the law. They overlook the steps taken to ensure you are they only deal with a legit company that only employs legit workers. Remember that failure to comply with the regulations of MOM could attract heft punishments. Please take your time to perform a thorough background check because it may save you a lot of trouble in future. For instance, if her permit states the family she works for as the employer, it means she is not permitted to work for another family. However, if it shows a cleaning company, then the company can assign her to perform duties for any client in need of her services.