Most people think that vacuuming is where they start and end when maintaining their carpets. But this is not true. Detailed below are certain tips on carpet cleaning for you. These will help you in cleaning, stain removal as well as various other problems related to carpeting.
1. Vacuuming is very important. This should be done once a week and can be more often in case of heavy traffic. In case you do frequent vacuuming, it will help to prolong the life of your carpet. This is because any kind of buildup of gritty particles tends to get prevented, and these can cut carpet fibers.
2. In order to get the best results from carpet cleaning, deal with any kind of spills immediately. This will ensure that any accidental spill does not turn into a stain. In case the carpet cleaner is not at hand, you can place some kitchen roll sheets on top of this spill in order to soak as much as they possibly can. Also, do not rub as that will only help to drive the spill further into the carpet.
3. Vacuum thoroughly before washing your carpet. This way any surface debris will get cleared up before you are going to wash your carpets. This makes your job easier. This way your carpet washer will also not be getting clogged up. This becomes especially important after a party, as there may be tinsel or even pine needles that can spoil your cleaner.
4. You need to use the correct solution for doing carpet cleaning. Not making use of the cleaning detergent that has been recommended can damage your carpet. The right solution will not produce too much foam. Also, it will not be leaving any kind of sticky residues on the carpet that will only be attracting more dirt.
5. In order to do carpet cleaning, you must always pre-treat your carpet, especially if they are too dirty or heavily stained. A pre-treatment solution for cleaning would typically consist of a solution along with an applicator wand. Spray this pre-treatment solution over the stained areas. Now leave it for a while to work on those stains. Next, wash the carpet in the normal way. Basically, you must follow instructions that are given on the solution bottle.
6. In case your carpet is soaking wet, then it will be taking much longer to dry. In order to avoid your carpet from getting too saturated, avoid using too many wet strokes in each area of the carpet. You must use more of dry strokes as compared to wet strokes. Next, you need to finish by using dry strokes. This will help to avoid any water from getting sucked up.
7. Rinsing is very important while doing carpet cleaning. This is done in order to wash off the solution and to remove any residues of the cleaning detergent from carpet before it is put out for drying.
Carpet cleaning is very important and needs to be done on a regular basis. Do follow all the instructions specified by the carpet manufacturer.