An aircon has a major role of cooling and dehumidifying the room through channelling of frozen air into the environment. In the same way, the room temperature will drop as the warm air is taken back into the air conditioner for cooling. Since the system of this equipment normally supply a huge amount of air in the room, it will be very uncomfortable if some foul odors are coming from it. The main causes of a bad odor from the air conditioner is having a dirty a-coil or an ac coil.
Recognizing The Smell
Once you realize that the main cause of the foul smell is the dirty a-coil, you will need to find ways of cleaning the coil. In some situations, the cleaning can be done easily, but you are mostly recommended to call a professional to clean the coils.
The Foul Odor
Mostly, an AC that is dirty and clogged will start to give out bad smells, which will alert you that the equipment needs to be repaired or serviced. Normally, the AC will not be able to filter vapor or water, if the coil is clogged with dirt or other elements. Surfeit water will normally accumulate in the AC system and the water can become stagnant, which will thereafter cause a foul smell.
Doing It Yourself
Suppose your AC coil is dirty, you will have to do the following in order to get rid of the bad smell.
– Locate the AC condensation line that drains out the waste. This line is normally a plastic tube, which emits the water out.
– After that, you will need to take out the drain line and wash it thoroughly with a mixture of 75% water and 25% of bleach. This will help to get rid of the mildew and any mold. Once it is dry enough, you can fix it back.
– When the drain line is clean enough, you will need to spot the drip pan that is mostly located around the heat exchange of your AC. Remove the tray for cleaning and use hot water, a small mixture of bleach and some soapy water.
– The mold could be accumulated at the top of the AC and for that, you will need to open the top of your air conditioner and check the inner side of it. Inspect the entire AC with a flashlight to check for any substance that is causing the foul smell and remove it.
– After that, you will need to spray a foaming coil cleaner and let it stay for about ten minutes. The foam cleaner will help to loosen dirt, soften oil and grime the coils.
– Once you are done, you will have to rinse the aircon using a water hose as you spray the water continuously until the foaming coil cleaner is all washed out.
– Finally, you will need to ensure that the air conditioner is completely dry and all the moisture is removed. Normally, if you leave it with moisture, it will end up attracting mold, which will lead to another foul smell.
– Calling The Professional
The coil is normally a delicate feature of the air conditioner and for that, you will need to be very careful when handling it. Instead of risking tampering with the a-coils, you can decide to hire a professional air conditioner specialist.
Importance Of Hiring A Professional
– Save time and energy: All you need to do is call a professional that will take out the bad smell through cleaning the a-coils perfectly. That will save you time for doing something else.
– Safe Practice: A professional company would clean the air conditioner in the easiest way with the use of reliable equipments that will ensure the air conditioner remains in the perfect condition.
– They are knowledgeable: These people have experience and they will easily detect the cause of the bad smell of your AC and get rid of it instantly.
Although you can get rid of the foul odors from your aircon by yourself, it is highly recommended that you hire a professional company that will eliminate the smell fast enough. Hiring a professional will also ensure you do not risk any hazardous accidents like electric shocks. It also ensures that your aircon remains in the perfect condition without being affected. So do not risk tampering your air control system, get a professional to do the work for you.